Yes, you can add the contact even if their email is already present in the system.
There are few things to note regarding assigning contacts to a campaign:
- Contacts can be assigned to a campaign by another associate if they have not opted into the campaign within 20 days of being sent the opt-in email. After 20 days of no activity from the contact, they can be assigned to a campaign by another associate.
- A gray dot next to that contact will indicate that it has been assigned to a campaign by another associate (on the app) or it will say Released on the web portal: What do different Email or Contact status mean?
- For Example:
- User A adds Contact X to their Prospect by LegalShield account and assigns a campaign.
- Contact X doesn’t opt-in within 20 days of the opt-in email being sent. It becomes possible for another User to assign Contact X to a campaign.
- User B adds Contact X to their account and assigns X to the campaign. Then Contact X will show as Released for User A and will have a Gray status dot.
- User A can still send resources to Contact X directly but cannot add them to a campaign.