There is a difference between status of emails sent to contacts and for the status of Contacts.
Contacts can be:
- Blank = Contact does not have an email address associated or no campaign is assigned to the contact
- New = Contact has been assigned to a campaign, but has not opted in. No resources have been sent either
- Engaged = means contact viewed a resource, but has not yet opted in
- Contact has opted-in and is receiving emails in the campaign
- Has finished the campaign, and would receive any future emails added into the campaign
- Has Opted-in in the past, but contact's campaign has been changed to 'None'
- Bounced = Email Delivery Permanently unsuccessful. Please see FAQ Why All / Most of my emails show as BOUNCED
- Unsubscribed = Contact has requested to be unsubscribed from all emails, and will not be receiving any more emails from you
- Released = Contacts can be added by another associate if they have not opted-in to the campaign within 20 days of being sent the opt-in email. After 20 days of no activity from the contact, they can be added by another associate. Once the contact has been added by another associate to a campaign, the status will change from 'New' to 'Released'.
- Complained = Some people choose to report email as SPAM to their email provider rather than just unsubscribing. This contact complained that one of the emails they received was SPAM. No further emails will be sent to this Contact.
Emails (sent to contacts) can be:
- Sent = the email has been sent to contact and has been delivered to their email provider, but not opened by recipient. The email provider chooses whether the email actually gets put in their inbox or some other folder, including promotional or spam
- Opened = contact opened the email, but did not take any action (such as clicking a link). Contact will not receive any further campaign emails unless they click on the link within an email.
- Clicked = contact clicked on a link in this email that was sent to them
- % Display = a total amount of video watched.
- Bounced = contact did not receive the email, most likely due to bad email address. Once an email to the Contact bounces, that Contact is marked as Bounced and will not receive future emails (see Contact status "Bounced" above)
- Unsubscribed = contact decided not to receive anymore emails, and clicked on the link within email to be unsubscribed. They will not receive any future emails.
- Complained = Some people choose to report email as SPAM to their email provider rather than just unsubscribing. This contact complained that this email was SPAM. This will mark the Contact as "Complained" (see Contact Status "Complained" above)